Anolis Resourcer - is a handy, easy to use, powerful, and modern resource editor for Win32 PE executables and RES files. It features support for modern Windows resource features, such as PNG and 256x256 icons, full x64 support, and is MUI/RC CONFIG aware.
It also features a batch export feature which automatically extracts all (or just "visual") resources from a single file or all files in a directory.
You can use it to add, update, replace, extract or delete resources such as icons, cursors and bitmaps. You can also view Dialogs, Menus, and String tables.
· Added a menubar for those seeking Reshacker-like UI (you can disable either the menubar or the toolbar, or have both enabled at the same time)
· Note the menubar does not expose any new functionality that isn't already (directly or indirectly) accessible via the Toolbar (except for Help Contents)
· You can hide either the menubar or the toolbar, but not both
· A context menu on the toolbar lets you choose icon size and allows you to hide or show the toolbar or menubar
· Thumbnails for bitmaps now maintain aspect ratio (rather than stretching to fill). Bitmaps smaller than the thumbnail area are now centred, rather than upscaled
· Added a Help file, access it via Help > Help Topics
· If a resource name only has one lang then its tree view node will not be expanded unless explicitly expanded
· Various improvements to the Batch Export form
· Fixed an issue with editing resources in Windows Vista (and later) where files with RC Config entries (listed as "MUI" resource types) could not be modified, even though the operation completed successfully
· The solution has been implemented as a workaround. A more purer solution exists, but would require implementing our own PE/COFF format reader, which is too much trouble
· Fixed a major issue where icon directories lacking bit-depth information would be applied to a resource source without that information
· Bit-depths are now obtained from the DIB information if they're missing
· NOTE: PNG format subimage data is always assumed to be 32bpp
· You can now choose to replace icons by replacing the subimages rather than merging them. Click the "Edit Factory Options..." button on the Replace Resource Form for more details.
- Viewing Resources
- Exporting and Extracting Resources
- Replacing and Updating Resources
- Intelligent Icon Replacement
- Vista MUI and RC CONFIG Aware
- x64 Support
- Portable - Requires no installation, just extract and run
- Command-Line Arguments - Automate resource tasks from a batch/command scripting environment
- Extensible and Developer Friendly - Reference Resourcer in your .NET projects to allow your programs to work with resources directly. You can also extend Resourcer with your own code for working with specific resource data types and source file formats.
[The project page on codeplex]
· NET Framework 2.0
Name: Anolis Resourcer
Version: 0.9.3531.38736 Beta (Sep 1, 2009)
License: GNU GPL v2
Download: Anolis Resourcer v0.9.3531
Download: Anolis Resourcer SourceCode